Congratulations! You have made the decision to join Cyfe and start visualizing your data with our platform. Once you have signed up for one of our plans, the first step to managing your account is becoming familiar with all the features that our platform has to offer. Below, you will find a brief overview of the basic features available to all Cyfe accounts.
FYI:All of the content in this article can also be viewed in our Onboarding Video
Here is how to login to your Cyfe account.
- Navigate to www.cyfe.com
- In the upper right-hand corner select Login.
- Enter your email address and password (these will be the same ones you used to create an account for your free trial.)
- Select "Login."
Once you have successfully logged in, you will be presented with a blank Cyfe Dashboard.
On the left hand side of your blank Cyfe screen, you will find a series of navigation buttons. These buttons will allow you to perform different actions for your account:
- Dashboards: This button will allow you to view your dashboard or dashboards.
- Users: This button will take you to a page where you can manage additional users for your account.
- Settings: Here you can change your account settings including; Personal Settings, Dashboard Settings, Billing information, and custom branding.
- Help: The Help button will allow you to submit a Help Ticket and/ or view our Knowledge Base.
- Logout: This button will log you out of your current Cyfe session.
The Cyfe Dashboard is where you will be able to see your configured widgets and navigate to the other features available to your account. The first time you login to your dashboard it will be empty. Once some widgets have been added, the center of the screen will fill with content. You can add widgets and being customizing your dashboard by using the buttons in the upper left of the screen.
- Add Widget: Selecting this button will provide you with a list of widgets from different providers. Choose the widget or widgets you would like to display on your dashboard based on the type of data you would like to see. After you have added the widget to your dashboard, you can move it around or resize it to fit with the other widgets you would like to display.
- New Dashboard: Occasionally, one dashboard is not enough. Sometimes you want to organize your data based on department, product line, or any number of other reasons. You can do this by selecting the “New Dashboard” button.
- Duplicate Dashboard: The Duplicate Dashboard button is fairly straightforward. Selecting this button will duplicate the current dashboard, allowing you to keep all of the widgets and settings, which you can then edit based on your business needs.
- Public URLs: The Public URL button will generate a public facing URL that can be shared and will allow people to access your dashboard as “Read only.”
- Change Background: This option will allow you to change the look and feel by selecting from a series of themes, or by uploading your own images to customize your background.
- Edit Dashboard: Selecting the Edit Dashboard button will allow you to adjust the name of the current dashboard.
- TV Mode: TV mode will allow you to display a single dashboard, or carousel through multiple dashboards, on a tv. These dashboards will automatically refresh at programmed intervals based on your desired settings.
- Export Dashboard: If you need to send a snapshot of your dashboard, you can select the “Export Dashboard” option and choose from a series of file types. You are also able to schedule repeated exports depending on your business needs.
FYI:Historical Dashboard Data cannot be exported at this time. Cyfe does not retain user exports.
- Delete Dashboard: Last, if you need to remove a dashboard, you can select “Delete Dashboard” to delete the dashboard that is currently being viewed.
While you are customizing your dashboard, you also have the ability to reconfigure or modify any widgets you have added to it. To do this, select the widget you would like to modify. In the upper right of the window you will see five options:
- Configure Widget: Under the Configure widget option you can edit any of the settings you set up when you originally created the widget
- Widget Alerts: Alerts will allow you to monitor metrics even when you're away from your dashboards. You can set up email or SMS notifications to go out when certain conditions are met (e.g. when your website's traffic level drops).
- Widget Goals: Goals will allow you to benchmark metrics against your business objectives (e.g. whether your sales team hits their daily quota). It's a great way to identify areas of improvement within your organization.
- Move Widget: The Move widget will allow you to shift a widget from one dashboard to another dashboard on your account.
- And Remove Widget: The Remove widget will delete the widget (and any historical data associated with the widget) from your account.