The Cyfe dashboard is where you will be able to see all of the widgets you have configured for your business. The first time you login to your dashboard it will be empty. Once a widget has been added, the center of the screen will fill with content. These dashboards can be configured, duplicated, exported, and more based on your business needs and what kind of data you would like to have visualized.
In This Article:
What is the Dashboard?
The Dashboard is the command center for all of the information you want to have displayed. Your dashboard is like a plate that you can fill with all kinds of food; you can have more than one plate at a time, all with different food, or you can have the same plate over and over again. Based on your business needs, your dashboards will be filled with different widgets, representing the type of data you want to see. You can have a dashboard for each department at your business, for each product your business supports, or any other configuration you can think of.
In the beginning, when you sign into Cyfe, you will have a default dashboard that is blank. You can rename this dashboard and fill it with as many widgets as you need, but what if you decide you need to create another, different dashboard? This can be accomplished by completing the following steps:
- Select "New Dashboard" from the top of the screen
2. Type in a Dashboard Title.
- After you select "New Dashboard" you will need to give this new dashboard a title to differentiate it from any other dashboards that may be associated with your account.
3. Once a title has been typed in, select "Add Dashboard."
Once you have created your dashboard and have added some data to it, you can modify this data and how it is presented by using the following tools:
Dashboard Dropdown: The Dashboard Dropdown is a full list of all the dashboards currently associated with your account. You can switch back and forth between these dashboards by clicking on the dropdown and selecting the one you want to view.
- Default Range: The Default Range selector will allow you to apply a time frame to your widgets that will appear by default whenever your dashboard is loaded in. This will prompt the widgets included on your dashboard to only show info based on the range you have set.
- Calendar Date Range: If you need to adjust the data being displayed by your widgets, but do not want to change the default range (for instance in a one off situation where you just need to look at data from a specific date) you can set the desired date range by selecting the calendar icon and choosing from the available dates. The widgets will then update to show only data from the date range you have selected.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Buttons: In conjunction with the calendar icon, you can also modify the data being shown (without affecting the default setup of your widgets) by selecting the Daily/ Weekly/ or Monthly buttons. These settings will adjust the data to represent a daily, weekly, or monthly summary of the widgets connected to your dashboard.
Once you have set up your dashboard to reflect the information you need, you may decide that you want to copy all of the widgets and settings over to another dashboard. You can do this by selecting the "Duplicate Dashboard" button. Selecting this button will duplicate the current dashboard, allowing you to keep all of the widgets and settings, which you can then edit based on your business needs.
Depending on the data you are duplicating, some of the widgets may need to be reconfigured.
If you need to send a snapshot of your dashboard, you can select the “Export Dashboard” option and choose from a series of file types. You are also able to schedule repeated exports depending on your business needs.
With the Export Dashboard feature, you can share your dashboard in a couple different ways, such as: a "one time" snapshot, or as a Recurring Email. Regardless of which option you choose, you will have access to the following options:
- File Types: PNG, JPEG, PDF, CSV
- Export Type: Entire Dashboard or Individual Widgets
- Export Mode: Download Now or Schedule Email
- When "Schedule Email" is selected, you will have these additional options:
- Email To: enter email address of desired recipients
- Subject: Desired subject line
- Frequency: Once, Daily, Weekly, Monthly
- When "Schedule Email" is selected, you will have these additional options:
FYI:You can delete Scheduled Exports at any time by clicking on the "Export Dashboard" button and selecting the "x" icon nextto the report you want cancelled under "Previously Scheduled Reports"
Lastly, if you need to remove a dashboard that you are no longer using, you can select “Delete Dashboard.” The "Delete Dashboard" button will delete the dashboard that is currently being viewed. To do this, all of the active widgets will need to be removed. Once the widgets have been removed, select "Delete Dashboard."
After you select a different dashboard from your Dashboard Dropdown, you will see that your old dashboard has been removed.
Additional Dashboard Features:
Cyfe dashboards also have a few other features that can be harnessed to make the most of the data you are trying to visualize. Below you will find a summary of those features:
The Public URL button will generate a public facing URL that can be shared. This link will allow people to access your dashboard as a “Read only” version.
When you create a Public URL, you will have to complete the following steps:
- Select "Public URL" from the upper left of the screen.
- Select "Create URL" from the text box that appears.
- Fill in a "Sharing With" and "New Password."
- A password is optional. Set one based on your privacy needs.
- The text window will update with a link where you can see the following info:
- Sharing With: The email of the person who has access to the link.
- Public URL: The actual link to the read only version of your dashboard.
- Password: Whether or not a password is required to view the link.
- Last Accessed: When the link was last accessed.
After you have created a public URL you can choose to edit the "Sharing With" and "Password" options by selecting the gear icon, or you can delete the link by selecting the "X" icon.
This option will allow you to change the look and feel of your dashboard. After the "Change Background" button has been selected, you will be presented with a series of themes. You can also upload your own images to customize your background.
TV mode will allow you to display a single dashboard, or carousel through multiple dashboards, on a separate device. This option removes all the account navigation features and just displays the available widgets. These dashboards will automatically refresh at programmed intervals based on your desired settings.
To set up TV Mode, perform the following:
- Login to your Cyfe account on the device you would like the Dashboards to be displayed on.
- Select the "TV Mode" button.
- Set your desired settings.
- Rotate Dashboards: Choose the dashboards you would like to have displayed. You can choose a single dashboard, or have the display rotate through multiple.
- Rotate Intervals: Set the rate at which you would like the display to rotate through your multiple dashboards. Anywhere from as short as 15 seconds, up to an hour.
- This option only needs to be selected if you are choosing to display multiple dashboards.
(In the video above we show how you can click between your dashboard views, but by default TV mode will cycle through your views without you having to select anything.)
FYI:Cyfe TV Mode has an official TV app which pairs with the Amazon Fire TV Stick*. An Amazon Fire Stick is not required for TV mode, it is just one of the ways to view your Dashboard.
To end TV mode, select the "X" icon in the upper middle of the screen.