Every paid plan comes with a Custom SSL Domain. This article shares the benefits of setting up a custom domain and how to setup your custom domain.
By setting up a custom domain:
- You can create a landing/login page for your clients with your company logo
- Have your the public URL show up under your domain (rather than app.cyfe.com/)
Setting up Custom SSL Domain
There are two steps required to add Custom SSL Domain.
- Setup CNAME with your Host Provider
- Add your Domain in Cyfe
Step 1: Setup CNAME with Host Provider
These are instructions for GoDaddy, if you use a different host the instructions will be substantially similar to this -- the host will know the exact details, so copy/paste these instructions to them they'll be able to help you through it!
2. Open the Domains tab and select My Domain Names. You'll be directed to the Domain Manager page.
3. Click the domain that you'd like to use with Cyfe.
4. Click the Total DNS Control And MX Records link at the bottom of the section entitled Total DNS.
5. Click Add New CNAME Record in the box labelled CNAMES (aliases).
6. For the Host, enter only the subdomain of the address you want to use for your dashboards. For example, if you picked dashboard.yourcompany.com as your address, enter "dashboard" here.
7. Enter app.cyfe.com as the Points To. Specify a TTL or use the default setting of 1 hour.
8. Click OK.
9. After a few minutes check to see if your new address (e.g. dashboard.yourcompany.com) redirects to app.cyfe.com. Note that it may take up to 48 hours for your changes to propagate through the internet so check back every few hours if it doesn't work right away.
Step 2: Add custom domain in Cyfe:
- Navigate to Settings
- Scroll down to Custom Branding > Custom Domain
- Enter domain name and click Save