This article explains how to setup your Facebook Pages Widgets, and lays out the requirements for pulling in your Facebook Pages data.
In This Article:
- You will connect a personal Facebook account that has access to an actual Page.
- You must have full Admin access to the Page, not the page itself (i.e. if you set up the Page to have a Login).
- To check what Pages you have admin privileges to, visit: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools
3. Enable all permissions when going through the oauth process
How to Configure:
Before you can configure your Facebook Pages Widget, you will need the following information:
- Personal Facebook Account (personal) with admin access to Facebook Page
When you "Add Account", you'll see the following screens to complete setup.
- Make sure to select the right page(s). If you don't see the page, make sure you have admin privileges to the FB page
- Enable all permissions
How do I connect more than 1 Facebook Account?
I am missing some Facebook pages
- Navigate to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=privacy.
- Click on Business Integrations.
- Find the "Dashboard" integration and click on 'view edit'. Make sure that you have given Cyfe permissions to access that page.
- If you don't see your page, make sure you are logged into the right facebook account. If you are logged in to the right account, confirm that you have admin privilege's to that Facebook Page.
If this does not work, make sure you have been granted admin privileges to your personal facebook account
- First, grant your personal account permission to that page.
- Connect your personal account (the one you just accepted the invite for) to the Cyfe widget, and you'll see your Page! :)
If you still do not see your Facebook Page, re-add your account. This re-authorizes your authentication token.
As you go through the oAuth process, make sure enable all permissions:
Facebook Page: Post Reach Metric
Facebook Page's Reach Metric is calculated in 1-day, 7-day, and 28-day increments.
When you log into your Facebook Page Insights, the Post Reach # (141 in example image below) is the number of unique users that saw content from your page (a post, picture, profile, etc) in their feed.
- Depending on the Page Summary Date Range (Previous Day, 7-day, 28-day), the same user is only counted once for the chosen time period (regardless of # times end-user visits your page).
- i.e. if you choose "7-day", any Page content in the feed for the end-user over a 7 day span will only be counted once, regardless of whether they saw your Page multiple times over the 7-day period.
If you were to hover your mouse over the graph and add up the numbers, the total number would be greater than the large number (141 in this case) for Post Reach. This is because the graph shows total Post Reach per day, rather than unique users over the set time period:
How does this translate in the Cyfe App?
If you choose a Facebook Page Reach Metric (not 28 day), it will calculate reach for each day. Each Post Reach is counted. This means that the number you see in Cyfe will NOT equal the large number displayed in "FB Page Insights: Post Reach".
- You will get the sum total of reach per day
We grab the reach data on a daily basis and add it together to show you the total number, at the top of the widget, for your date range...while Facebook may be showing you the UNIQUE number of people reached for the entire date range (instead of the ABSOLUTE number in Cyfe).
The same also applies to the clicks (for instance in a Facebook Ads widget). The "clicks" you would see in Cyfe are different than "link clicks" that you see in Facebook. Clicks in Cyfe is the total number of clicks on your ad. This may include offsite clicks to your website, Page likes, post comments, event responses or app installs. While Link Clicks (in FB) is the number of clicks on links to select destinations or experiences, on or off Facebook-owned properties.
Why can't Cyfe give me the total number of Unique Users over the date range I choose in Cyfe (Cyfe Date Ranger picker on Top-Nav)?
The Facebook Pages API is limiting, and does not provide unique users for Cyfe to calculate.
So if I run a report on the first of every month, and choose "Reach (28 Day)" as the metric, what number is displayed in my report?
If you run your report on Nov 1, you'll get the unique Reach # for the previous 28 days (not including Nov 1). This is the number that is shown in your FB Page Insights: Post Reach if you were to access Nov 1.
Why do I have 'no data' for my Reach metrics?
Per Facebook, “Demographic metrics, such as age (Reach Age Group), gender (Reach Gender), and location (Reach Country Map, Reach Country List, Reach City List), are only returned if there is data for 100 or more people.”
How Do I Show My Lifetime Total Facebook Page Fans?
- "Likes" (also seen on the Overview) will show the fans generated over a period of time based on the Date Picker in your upper right corner.
- "Like Growth" shows the total growth and cumulative total of your Page's fan likes.
How is the Facebook Engagement Rate calculated?
Engagement Rate = People who liked/commented/shared/clicked on your posts (engaged) / People who saw your posts (reach)
How Do You Define Facebook Page Metrics?
Facebook Reach: Number of people who have seen any content associated with your Page.
Facebook Views: Number of times your Facebook Page was loaded by visitors.
Facebook Engaged: Number of people who liked/commented/shared/clicked on your posts.
Facebook Clicks: Number of times people clicked on content within your Page.
Facebook Likes: Number of times people clicked the Like button on your Page.
Top Posts by Impressions: The number of impressions for your Page post
Top Posts by Unique Impressions: The number of people who saw your Page post
Top Posts by Paid Impressions: The number of impressions for your Page post in an Ad or Sponsored Story
Top Posts by Fan Impressions: The number of impressions for your Page post by people who have liked your Page
Top Posts by Engaged Users: The number of people who clicked anywhere in your posts
Top Posts by Negative Feedback: The number of times people took a negative action in your post (e.g. hid it)
Top Posts by Fan Reach: Post reach by people who like your page.
Connection Error/Problems (Old Widget That Was Previously Working)
Most likely Facebook expired your third party connection. (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google, etc do this to third party connections every 60 days or so -- there's no way to stop this, or a connection can be expired upon changing a password).
The fix is simple!
- Reconfigure your existing Facebook widget by clicking on the gear icon located at the top right corner of the widget.
- Click on the Facebook Account drop down and select the first empty entry in the list. Then click on the Add Account button located next to this drop down list.
- A new popup will open where Facebook will ask you to confirm the connection. Click on the Accept button.
- The popup will automatically close and you will be back on the widget configuration screen in Cyfe. Now click on the Save Widget button.
You should only have to do this for one widget.