This article explains how to setup your Facebook Pages Widgets, and lays out the requirements for pulling in your Facebook Pages data.
- You will connect a personal Facebook account that has access to an actual Page.
- You must have full Admin access to the Page, not the page itself (i.e. if you set up the Page to have a Login).
- To check what Pages you have admin privileges to, visit: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools
How to Configure:
Before you can configure your Facebook Pages Widget, you will need the following information:
- Personal Facebook Account (personal) with admin access to Facebook Page
When you "Add Account", you'll see the following screens to complete setup.
- Make sure to select the right page(s). If you don't see the page, make sure you have admin privileges to the FB page
- Enable all permissions
Connection Error/Problems (Old Widget That Was Previously Working)
Most likely Facebook expired your third party connection. (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google, etc do this to third party connections every 60 days or so -- there's no way to stop this, or a connection can be expired upon changing a password).
The fix is simple!
- Reconfigure your existing Facebook widget by clicking on the gear icon located at the top right corner of the widget.
- Click on the Facebook Account drop down and select the first empty entry in the list. Then click on the Add Account button located next to this drop down list.
- A new popup will open where Facebook will ask you to confirm the connection. Click on the Accept button.
- The popup will automatically close and you will be back on the widget configuration screen in Cyfe. Now click on the Save Widget button.
You should only have to do this for one widget.
How do I grant admin privileges to my personal account?
- First, grant your personal account permission to that Page (see here: https://www.facebook.com/help/18731634131663). Facebook will send you an email where you'll accept the invite.
- Then, connect your personal account (the one you just accepted the invite for) to the Cyfe widget, and you'll see your Page! :)
I don't see my Facebook Page in the Dropdown
If you still do not see your Facebook Page, re-add your account. This re-authorizes your authentication token. Make sure you add the FB page when authenticating your account.
How Do I Show My Lifetime Total Facebook Page Fans?
- "Likes" (also seen on the Overview) will show the fans generated over a period of time based on the Date Picker in your upper right corner.
- "Like Growth" shows the total growth and cumulative total of your Page's fan likes.
My Reach Differs from What Facebook Insights Tells Me
The same also applies to the clicks (for instance in a Facebook Ads widget). The "clicks" you would see in Cyfe are different than "link clicks" that you see in Facebook. Clicks in Cyfe is the total number of clicks on your ad. This may include offsite clicks to your website, Page likes, post comments, event responses or app installs. While Link Clicks (in FB) is the number of clicks on links to select destinations or experiences, on or off Facebook-owned properties.
So essentially you're looking at the same data but both the Cyfe and Facebook UIs are slicing and dicing it a little differently as we have to work around some limitations in Facebook's API.
How Do You Define the Facebook Page Metrics? How is Engagement Rate Calculated?
Facebook Reach: Number of people who have seen any content associated with your Page.
Facebook Views: Number of times your Facebook Page was loaded by visitors.
Facebook Engaged: Number of people who liked/commented/shared/clicked on your posts.
Facebook Clicks: Number of times people clicked on content within your Page.
Facebook Likes: Number of times people clicked the Like button on your Page.
Here's the formula we use to calculate Facebook engagement:
Engagement Rate = People who liked/commented/shared/clicked on your posts (engaged) / People who saw your posts (reach)
Top Posts by Impressions: The number of impressions for your Page post
Top Posts by Unique Impressions: The number of people who saw your Page post
Top Posts by Paid Impressions: The number of impressions for your Page post in an Ad or Sponsored Story
Top Posts by Fan Impressions: The number of impressions for your Page post by people who have liked your Page
Top Posts by Engaged Users: The number of people who clicked anywhere in your posts
Top Posts by Negative Feedback: The number of times people took a negative action in your post (e.g. hid it)
Top Posts by Fan Reach: Post reach by people who like your page.