Historical DataInstagram doesn't have an API where we can obtain historical data, so we go out and grab it automatically on a daily basis for you starting from the day you add the widget and store it in Cyfe.
Here is an example of how this looks in Cyfe.
- Instagram Business or Creator Account
- 100 or more followers
- Associated Facebook Page Account
How to switch your profile to a business or creator account
- Go to your profile and tap in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Tap Business.
- Follow the steps to connect your business account to a Facebook Page associated with your business. This step is required to make use of the Instagram Graph API. At this time, only one Facebook Page can be connected to your business account. If you do not have a Facebook page, you can create one by following the instructions here.
- Add details, like your business category and contact information.
- Tap Done.
To switch your personal account or business profile to a creator account:
- Go to your account and tap
- Select Account.
If you are migrating from a personal account, choose Switch to Professional Account and tap Creator.
If you are migrating from a business profile, choose Switch to Creator Account.
If you have a Facebook Page you would like to link to your account, select it from the list that appears.
If you do not have a Facebook Page, you will need to create one using the instructions found here.
I added my FB Account to Cyfe but don't see my Instagram Page
Click on Edit Profile button in your IG business account and a FB page can be linked there.
2) If the above solution does not work, refer to the workaround below:
Using the Instagram app on a mobile device, convert your Instagram business account to a personal account After it has been converted, log in to Facebook on a computer and convert your personal account to business account (Page Settings → Instagram → Switch to a Business Profile
As of March 2021, there is a known bug with Facebook where IG Business Account is not listed via their Graph API. There is a fix being deployed for the long term from Facebook.
Why does my metric show '0'? Why Don't I See Any Of My Historical Instagram Data?
Instagram works similarly, their API will transfer over historical data into Cyfe starting from then you first activated your Instagram Business or Instagram Creator account. If you do not see your historical information after logging in, it is likely because you recently converted a standard Instagram account into an Instagram for Business/Creators account. Data will appear and be retained from this point forward.
Limitations of the Instagram Graph API
- Insights on IG Users are only available on IG User accounts that have 100 or more followers.
- The API only reports organic interaction metrics; interactions on ads containing a media object are not counted.
- Metrics data is stored for 2 years.
- You can only get insights for a single user at a time.
- You cannot get insights for Facebook Pages.
- Stories insights are only available for 24 hours, even if the stories are archived or highlighted. If you want to get the latest insights for a story before it expires, set up a Webhook for the
Connection Error/Problems (Widget That Was Previously Working)
Most likely Instagram expired your third party connection. (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google, etc do this to third party connections every 60 days or so -- there's no way to stop this, or a connection can be expired upon changing a password).
- Reconfigure your existing Instagram widget by clicking on the gear icon located at the top right corner of the widget.
- Click on the Instagram Account drop down and select 'Add Account' entry in the list. Then click on the Add Account button located next to this drop down list.
- A new popup will open where Instagram will ask you to confirm the connection. Click on the Accept button.
- The popup will automatically close and you will be back on the widget configuration screen in Cyfe. Now click on the Save Widget button.
You should only have to do this for one widget.