How to Configure:
Before you can configure your Instagram Widget, you will need the following information:
- Instagram Business or Creator Account
- Associated Facebook Page Account
Once you have the required information, you can perform the following steps to configure your widget:
- Follow the steps for "Adding a Widget."
- When the widget window appears, select "Configure Widget."
- Enter the following information:
- Widget Title: Title you would like displayed for the widget.
- Facebook Account: Provides access to the data being gathered by your account.
- Instagram Page: Select which Instagram account you would like to pull data from.
- Metric: Select a Metric.
- Select "Save Widget."
AuthenticationDue to changes with Facebook’s data policies, all customers are now required to use a Instagram for Business or Instagram for Creators account in order to access data via their API. Our priority is to make data easily accessible and we'll be working to add more Instagram metrics in the near future.
To switch your profile to a business account:
- Go to your profile and tap in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Tap Business.
- Follow the steps to connect your business account to a Facebook Page associated with your business. This step is required to make use of the Instagram Graph API. At this time, only one Facebook Page can be connected to your business account. If you do not have a Facebook page, you can create one by following the instructions here.
- Add details, like your business category and contact information.
- Tap Done.
To switch your personal account or business profile to a creator account:
- Go to your account and tap
- Select Account.
If you are migrating from a personal account, choose Switch to Professional Account and tap Creator.
If you are migrating from a business profile, choose Switch to Creator Account.
If you have a Facebook Page you would like to link to your account, select it from the list that appears.
If you do not have a Facebook Page, you will need to create one using the instructions found here.
Connection Error/Problems (Brand New Widget)
Also, you may not see anything at first, and here's why: so, for most services like Google Analytics and Facebook you can see historical data from the past. Simply use your dashboard's date picker to change the time period.
For some social media services like Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn, they don't have APIs where we can obtain historical data from. So we go out and grab it automatically on a daily basis for you starting from the day you add the widget and store it in Cyfe forever so you can go back and see trends (e.g. how many followers you or your competitors gained over time). (So the lines & data will start to fill in soon, because Cyfe will track it for as long as you have the widget active!).
Connection Error/Problems (Old Widget That Was Previously Working)
Most likely Instagram expired your third party connection. (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google, etc do this to third party connections every 60 days or so -- there's no way to stop this, or a connection can be expired upon changing a password).
- Reconfigure your existing Instagram widget by clicking on the gear icon located at the top right corner of the widget.
- Click on the Instagram Account drop down and select the first empty entry in the list. Then click on the Add Account button located next to this drop down list.
- A new popup will open where Instagram will ask you to confirm the connection. Click on the Accept button.
- The popup will automatically close and you will be back on the widget configuration screen in Cyfe. Now click on the Save Widget button.
You should only have to do this for one widget.
I added my FB Account but don't see my IG (No integrations listed)
Why Don't I See Any Of My Historical Instagram Data?
Instagram works similarly, their API will transfer over historical data into Cyfe starting from then you first activated your Instagram Business or Instagram Creator account. If you do not see your historical information after logging in, it is likely because you recently converted a standard Instagram account into an Instagram for Business/Creators account. Data will appear and be retained from this point forward.
Limitations of the Instagram Graph API
- Insights on IG Users are only available on IG User accounts that have 100 or more followers.
- The API only reports organic interaction metrics; interactions on ads containing a media object are not counted.
- Metrics data is stored for 2 years.
- You can only get insights for a single user at a time.
- You cannot get insights for Facebook Pages.
- Stories insights are only available for 24 hours, even if the stories are archived or highlighted. If you want to get the latest insights for a story before it expires, set up a Webhook for the