This article tells you how to connect your Facebook Ads widget.
How to Configure
Before you can configure your Facebook Ads Widget, you will need the following information:
- Facebook Account.
Once you have the required information, you can perform the following steps to configure your widget:
- Follow the steps for "Adding a Widget."
- When the widget window appears, select "Configure Widget."
- Enter the following information:
- Widget Title: Title you would like displayed for the widget.
- Facebook Account: Provides access to the data being gathered by your account.
- Facebook Ad Account: Select an Account.
- Facebook Ad Campaign: Select an Ad Campaign.
- Facebook Action Type: Select an Action Type.
- Facebook Metric: Select a Metric.
- Select "Save Widget."
Add Additional Accounts
To add another account, click on the Account dropdown, and click on the white-space under your existing account:
Can I see the metrics for a single post?
Yes, you can see all posts you promoted from your fb ad account. To pull up the metrics for a single post you promoted, here are the settings to configure in your widget:
- Choose the Facebook Account
- Click on the correct the FB Ad Account (if you have multiple)
- Choose your Post from Facebook Ad Campaign
- Choose "All Actions" under Facebook Action Type
- Choose "Ad Set Breakdown" under Facebook Metric
Can I Visualize Several Of My Campaigns -- such as 3 or 4 -- not All Campaigns or simply 1 Campaign?
Yes! With our "Mashups" widget in the Custom section, you can achieve this!
- First, set up individual widgets for each campaign (single campaigns). For example, if you want to show the results of 3 campaigns, set up 3 widgets, one for each campaign.
- Use the "Mashups" widget and pick the data from each of your campaigns (i.e. Metric 1 --> "Add Data" --> Metric 2 --> "Add Data" --> Metric 3) etc -- add them together and you have yourself several campaigns in one widget!
My Facebook Ads Widget(s) Is/Are No Longer Working
- Reconfigure your existing Facebook widget by clicking on the gear icon located at the top right corner of the widget.
- Click on the Facebook Account drop down and select the first empty entry in the list. Then click on the Add Account button located next to this drop down list.
- A new popup will open where Facebook will ask you to confirm the connection. Click on the Accept button.
- The popup will automatically close and you will be back on the widget configuration screen in Cyfe. Now click on the Save Widget button.
You should only have to do this for one widget; refreshing the dashboard it should populate through other FB widgets.
Some of my Facebook Ads Data Is Slightly Different than in Facebook's Ads Manager
The same also applies to the clicks in the Facebook Ads widget. The "clicks" you would see in Cyfe are different than "link clicks" that you see in Facebook. Clicks in Cyfe is the total number of clicks on your ad. This may include offsite clicks to your website, Page likes, post comments, event responses or app installs. While Link Clicks is the number of clicks on links to select destinations or experiences, on or off Facebook-owned properties.
So essentially you're looking at the same data but both the Cyfe and Facebook UIs are slicing and dicing it a little differently as we have to work around some limitations in Facebook's API.